Thursday 21 June 2012

Coin purse

 A while ago I was trying to come up with a simple way to make a coin purse with a zip and lining. I tried lots of ideas and made templates out of paper and thought I'd got it sussed.
 When it came to getting my sewing machine out and having a proper go. my brilliant plan just went from my head and I could not figure out what my paper template meant at all. In the end I ruined a piece of embroidery and had a major falling out with my sewing machine.
 Today I came across a tutorial on youtube called how do you make a zippered coin purse (if I figure out how to post the video I will post it here)
This was just what I was looking for. Its a great tutorial and it works really well.

I didn't want to ruin another embroidery so I used a scrap of fabric. To make it a bit more interesting I used a iron on motif. I picked this one up from work ages a go and it had been in my, that's pretty but I've no idea what I'm gonna do with it box.


Its not perfect, the stitching's a bit uneven and I need more practise with my measuring and seam allowances. As I was making it I kept thinking I was going wrong and it was gonna be rubbish, so when I turned it out and it looked like this I was really happy with it.

 Well practise makes perfect, a few more of these and I might feel up to tackling the embroidered ones. Wish me luck :)

5 comments:

  1. hiya!
    eeeee this coin purse is so cute! I'll have to have a go at making my own. It may even turn up on my blog - so thanks for the inspiration :)

    Thanks for following my blog, It's much appreciated that you took an interest in what I am on about.

    Happy blogging!

    Steph
    @
    1001 ways | THE WANDERLUST
    . . . . . . . . . . . .
    1001 ways to be more lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, I love it. The little matching but contrasting birdie is SOOOO sweet.

    Thank you for linking to Waste Not Want Not Wednesday at http://prettyshabbyuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job. I love the colors, the stripes and the ziggy-zaggy design. And, that bird...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did really well! There are tons of tutorials out there for zippered purses, I suppoise you just have to find one you like.

    ReplyDelete