Monday 18 June 2012

EDF energy crochet pattern

 A morning of hard work has paid off and I'm really pleased with how the pattern for this little blob from the Edf energy adverts has worked out. The pattern is now off with my wonderful resident pattern tester and when shes finished with it it will be available from my etsy shop. All the money from these sold goes to the kidney paients association and I hope it does well for them.

 What a change to the weather we've had here in york after all that rain its finally warm and sunny today. I was able to take my camera into the garden to shoot the little blob and doesn't he look cute next to the marigolds :)

 I've also taken advantage of the sunshine to dry my latest embroidery.

 This is gonna be a kindle cover. Its a quote from a wise mans fear by Patrick Rothfoss. The king killer Chronicles are one of my favourite books and there are so many great quotes from them I think I'm gonna have to do a range of these. It's stitched on linen and as its dried its looks like parchment which I really like, I'm gonna back it and line it in a simple patterned fabric when the Mexican stand off with my sewing machine is resolved.

 The wet weather hasn't done too much damage in the garden. The veg patch isn't doing much but everything else it coming on a treat. This foxglove is 8ft tall. The hosta and heucheras are doing well under the shade of the hedge. Everything needs a good weed and tidy up but its looking good.

 This is a sweet pea Lathyrus sativus Azureus its the second year I've grown it as it really is so beautiful.

My favourite rose, crazy for you. Its mine and Andy's rose. Its looking a bit straggly this year but the flowers are so pretty and the scent is wonderful.
 Well I'm gonna go back out and play in the garden while the sun is still shining.

I'm linking in with handmade monday . go have a look at all the other handmade lovelies blogs .

15 comments:

  1. Liz I really want to see the creation of your Kindle cover. My mom has 2 and she uses them every day.

    Maybe your energy company would be interested in placing a large order for the little guys. Maybe you should pitch or query them. Enjoy your creative day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous blue the Sweet Pea is. Love the rose - remember growing one of these in my garden but unfortunately it didn't like our soil and just reverted back to red. Your 'little blob' looks lovely. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your foxglove, I have a few in my garden this year and they look so sentinal, standing tall. I love the colours of them, I'm off to take some photo's.
    I like the EDF character and love the idea of quotes on the kindle covers.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of quotes on Kindle covers. Cute little crochet character too! My garden is more weeds than plants just now! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post! I like it all!
    'Crazy for you' A very apt name for the rose I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little EDF dude - am planning at having a go at making one too. A lady in my knit and natter group has already knitted a few to her own desing - think he's far more popular than they might have imagined :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your EDF energy dude, my other half and I have a thing about him as there is a video on you tube of him dancing - very cute and never fails to cheer me up! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to use quotes on Kindle covers :)
    Your lucky if your hostas are doing well, mine have just provided a banquet for the local snails! Suppose I could try copying the lace design...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have friendly hedgehogs in the garden that help keep the slug and snail population at bay :)

      Delete
  9. Your garden looks beautiful. You are good at taking photos.Your EDF character looks very true to form and I hope he sells well (I bet he will judging by the previous comments!)Hope the sun continues to shine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the flowers-what a beautiful garden.I absolutely love the EDF dude.I'll be bobbing by for a pattern.My son loves him-but calls him the dancing t*rd!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sweetpea is stunning. Such a striking colour.
    I love the EDF chap, makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The kindle cover is going to be great. I love the font you've used, and the linen. It's all just really fitting for a kindle I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so I'm putting off sewing it up as I don't want to make a mess of it :)

      Delete