Thursday 19 July 2012

Sleep and skulls




My cat Cassi is not taking to kindly to being shut in after her run away attempt and is making her protest known by being bad and yelling at the top of her voice all the time. Bengals are loud and if they can get attention from doing something they will keep doing. Cassi is being so loud and so annoying its hard to ignore it. She has a new habit of walking over my boobs while I'm trying to read (which blooming hurts I can tell you) or she'll pounce on my stomach just as I'm falling asleep. I wish shutting her out of the bedroom was the answer but then she won't settle at all and tries to batter the door down all night.
 I love having Cassi back home and her waking me up at all hours has really given me a lot more time to catch up on my reading, I don't go back to sleep easily and the new Stephen king is really really good but oh my giddy aunt I'm so, so, so, so tired.

 In my sleep deprived fug I've tried to keep my crafting simple and I've been making more mini skull amigurumi bracelets for my new  wow thank you shop and an up coming online craft fair.





I use a 1.5mm crochet hook to make these. Unlike my other crochet hooks its a bit short and was digging in my hand and giving me blisters. Thankfully I still have some part of my brain functioning cause I came up with the idea of encasing the handle in fimo to make it longer and a bit easier to handle.

It worked a treat and now its one of my favourite hooks to use and makes the tiny crochet really easy too :)

6 comments:

  1. Your cat and my cat should get together. Actually, no, that's a bad idea as they could probably achieve world domination together just by being annoying :-)
    The skulls are cool! Are you doing Craftfest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing craftfest its my first time but I'm looking forward to it :)

      Delete
  2. Oh,dear, someone else with cat problems! Good luck! The fimo idea seems ideal, I am finding the finer hook a bit uncomfortable to use. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little skulls alongside the pastel beads and flowers! How do you make the fimo handles - can you bake the crochet hook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I wrapped fimo around the handle of the hook, then rolled it into shape, cut it to size and baked it. This crochet hook was metal so it was fine in the oven.

      Delete