Thursday 16 August 2012

Cats in crochet

I'm as happy as a cat in crochet today.
Thats Cassi in a granny square blanket to prove my point :)

For a while now I've been umming and arrhing about getting my patterns into craft magazines. I've been really nervous about approaching them as I don't have a design degree, I'm self taught and I haven't been blogging and writing patterns for that long. I knew I could come in for some harsh criticism from the experts but today in a fit of bravery I decided to whittle off some emails and see what happened.
 I wasn't expecting to hear back anytime soon so I was bowled over to get a response from one magazine within a few hours. I'm not gonna say anymore till I know more but its all really good and exciting stuff. I've had some lovely feedback and I'm feeling really chuffed with myself and my little blog . I'm also gonna say a big thank you to all my readers. Its your visits and comments that keep my confidence up and inspire me to keep crocheting away like a mad thing and make more stuff to make you smile. Love and hugs to you all from me and my amigurumi creations :)

If that's not enough mushy stuff here's a pic of Cals new kittens nomming on the milk bar :)


3 comments:

  1. You just have to go for it. I'm about in the same boat. What can it hurt to jump in and ask... maybe you can get some good feedback on how to proceed next. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats in store? either way congrats on taking the leap! I'd love to give it a go but I wouldn't know where to start. Can you do a blog post on how to go about it? Once you're able to reveal the exciting stuff of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. Looking forward to seeing some guest appearances in lots of mags now.

    ReplyDelete