Saturday 23 January 2016

One ball of yarn

A wile ago I mentioned I had another book out with contained some of my work.

The book is called one ball of wool and if you click on this link you can find it on amazon. It will also be in any good bookshop.

 The idea is that all the projects in the book can be made from just one ball of wool. Its a combination of knitting and crochet projects. Its a pretty cool book, both the look of the photos and the designs very on trend.
 The first project I was asked to design was a clutch bag.I had just had an order of yarn come in and I'd treated myself to a couple of colours in the drops cotton viscose range. The blue was just perfect for this project as it has a real metallic shine to it that give the clutch bag an evening look.
 Its lined with hot pink silk as a lovely contrast and finished with a large crystal button.


It has a fine strap that you can't see in these pic aswell so you can pop it over your shoulder if you need your hands free.

I please to say that the editors were very happy with this project and asked if I would be happy to come up with some more designs.

 The next project was a dog bone chew toy.
I had made a toy bone for my Rusty dog pattern for Love crochet magazine


 This bone wanted to be bigger and stronger as its for real dogs to chew. In the end I adapted the rusty bine pattern and made it with a thick cotton yarn. Its probably not indestructible but it'll last a long time and be a great fun toy for your pooch.

 
Another doggie project. I was asked to design a bow tie for a dog. I figured if your gonna put a bow tie on your dog it might as well be bright red and sparkly :)

This is made so its adjustable so it'll fit most dogs. I love the picture they have used the dog is rocking the sparkly bowtie, bless him.

I was also asked to do some projects for humans.

A child's beanie hat.

A hat/cowl. This is a slouchy beanie hat that is also a neck cowl.

I have to say I love this pattern. I wear a cowl similar to this nearly everyday that I made for myself ages ago. I decided to use the idea of my cowl and its rib effect to create this design. A simple drawstring inside changes it from hat to neck cowl. I think its great and I'm gonna be making myself some more.

Last up for today is this coin purse.

This is really simple but you do need to buy one of the frames. Its called a coin purse frame and you can get them from any craft shop or off amazon.
These are seriously easy to make with the pattern. There is a little bit to do in the making up and lining process but if you wanted a pattern for a great gift, this is it.

There are many other patterns in this book and they are all lovely. I always feel honored  to see my work printed. I am very proud of the work I produce and seeing the finished books are just lovely.

Till next time
happy crocheting
love Liz xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment